Fender Hot Rod Deluxe LT supply Ultimate fix
This product is coming soon (April 2020).
The most common fault in a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe is the overheating of the PCB due to the LT supply zener diodes and dropper resistors. If the problem is caught in time, then the components can be replaced and mounted with clearance from the board to allow them to get hot without burning the PCB.
Usually this requires some level of retracking the PCB to fix damaged traces. However, sometimes I find that the PCB is too badly burnt for this to be possible. For that reason I designed this PCB overlay.
This overlay improves upon the original in many ways:
- High quality FR4
- 2 sided PCB improves heat dissipation.
- Large top side copper flood areas to improve heat dissipation further
- Plated through holes secure components firmly
- Components mounted away from PCB
To fit the overlay:
- Remove all the components from the area
- Fit the new components to the overlay PCB
- Attach the flying wires to the PCB
- Fix the PCB in place with a small amount of RTV silicon
- Use the flying wires to connect the PCB into the amp